The 2019 Bedford Park Festival runs from 7-23 June. Every year there’s a photography competition. The entries will be shown in the Parish Hall of St Michael and All Angels Church from Friday 7 – Sunday 9 June and also on this website.
The photography competition is a brilliant community event, open to everyone, of all ages. Please submit a photograph, or photographs you’re proud of, telling us which categories you would like them to be entered in. The pictures will be on display in the Parish Hall over the Green Days weekend and judged by members of the public, who will vote for a winner in each category. A professional photographer will choose an overall winner, to be announced in the Parish Hall at 4.30pm on Sunday afternoon. This year your work will be shown on The Chiswick Calendar website as well, so more people can view it over a longer period. The winning entries will also be shown in the window of Snappy Snaps Chiswick, after Green Days weekend. Snappy Snaps and The Chiswick Calendar are the sponsors of the competition.
- Chiswick Life
- Portraits & People
- The Natural World
- Landscapes & Seascapes
- The Built Environment
- Serendipity (quirky / funny or downright bizarre!)
- Young people’s (16 and under, all subjects)
How to enter
1. Email Bridget
To enter the competition, please email Bridget Osborne at this address:
Bridget@thechiswickcalendar.co.uk with the following details:
• Address (including post code)
• Telephone number
• Number of photographs you’re submitting for entry
• Which category each photograph is entered in
• Age if you are 16 or under
• Please attach digital copies of the photographs if you would like your photographs to be shown on The Chiswick Calendar website.
(or send them separately by We Transfer) *
2. Get your photographs printed
Snappy Snaps Chiswick has generously agreed to print photographs for the competition at a discount.
• Entries should be mounted on card (with no frame or glass mount).
• Entries should be no bigger than A3 size (and can be smaller)
• If you would like to give your picture a title (optional) please add it to the front of your entry on white paper in black ink.
• There should be nothing on the front of the image which identifies the photographer (part of the fun of this competition is that entries are anonymous so that the public are judging on the merits of the picture, not whether they like or dislike the photographer!) But please make sure your name, address and phone number are clearly written on the back of each image and which category it is entered for.
• In order to take advantage of the Snappy Snaps discount, just show them the email correspondence about your participation in the exhibition on your phone (or print it out and show them).
3. Deliver your images to John Little between Tuesday 28th May and Saturday 1st June 2019
John very kindly collects all the pictures and puts them in the right categories, ready for hanging. He also collects the entrance fee money.
Deliver to: John Little, 9 Bedford Park Mansions, The Orchard, W4. Tel: 0208 747 9809. Pay by cash or cheque. Cheques should be made payable to:
St Michael & All Angels Church.
Adults: £2 per photo or £5 for three
Young people (16 and under): £1 per photo or £2.50 for three
Care of your photographs
Whilst every care will be taken with the photographs, the organisers cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage to your photographs.
Your photographs will be reproduced on The Chiswick Calendar with a line of text saying that you own the copyright, but in any case they will be reproduced at between 80 and 120 kb, which is too small for them to be downloaded and printed with any degree of quality.
By entering the competition you are agreeing for your photographs to be shown on the website.
We Transfer *
If you’ve not used We Transfer before, it is free and very simple to use. Just go to the We Transfer website – www.wetransfer.com
and enter the following information:
Email to: Bridget@thechiswickcalendar.co.uk
Your email – Add your own email address
Message – Add a message: Joe Bloggs’ photographs for the Bedford Park Festival competition
Add Your Files
Click on the + sign. Find the photograph you want to submit on your computer, select it and click Open. When you’ve added all the photographs you’re entering the competition, hit Transfer.
There are prizes to be won! Snappy Snaps have generously donated prizes or the winners of each category and there is an even bigger prize for the overall winner.