House fire in Airedale Avenue caused by smoking

Image above: 82 Airedale Avenue

Man rescued from the property by firemen

The house fire at number 82 Airedale Avenue which gutted the ground floor flat on Saturday morning (12 March) was caused by the “unsafe disposal of smoking materials” say London Fire Brigade.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued a man from the property and a London Ambulance crew took him to hospital.

The three roomed flat on the ground floor of the semi-detached property was destroyed despite the best efforts of 15 firefighters from three crews, from Chiswick, Hammersmith and Richmond.

This news story was first published on Saturday 12 March and has been updated on Sunday 13 March 2022.

Read more stories on The Chiswick Calendar

See also: Police release images of men wanted in connection with Packhorse & Talbot stabbing

See also: Barnes Bridge Walkway contractors donate £3,252 to Hogarth Trust

See all the latest stories: Chiswick Calendar News & Features

Support The Chiswick Calendar

The Chiswick Calendar CIC is a community resource. Please support us by buying us the equivalent of a monthly cup of coffee (or more, if you insist). Click here to support us.

We publish a weekly newsletter and update the website with local news and information daily. We are editorially independent.

To subscribe to the weekly newsletter, go here.