Six people taken to hospital after house fire near Gunnersbury Park

Image: Elderberry Road; Google Maps

Fire believed to have been caused by sunlight on a glass object

Three adults and three children have been taken to hospital after a house fire on Elderberry Road in Ealing on Tuesday evening (11 June).

The blaze saw the first floor of the two-storey house, which is close to Gunnersbury Park, fully destroyed by the fire while the ground floor was partially damaged.

All those taken to hospital were suffering from smoke inhalation.

According to the London Fire Brigade, the fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by sunlight reflecting off a glass object within a room.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said:

“These sorts of fires are not as rare as you would think. They can happen all year around, but as we head into summer and the sun gets stronger, it’s really important that reflective items such as mirrors, crystals and glass ornaments are kept out of direct sunlight.”

The Brigade was called out at 7.01pm and the fire was under control by 8.25pm.

Four fire engines and 25 firefighters from Chiswick, Heston, Park Royal and Hammersmith fire stations attended the scene.

Read more stories on The Chiswick Calendar