The Duchess to reopen as The Queen this autumn
The Goldhawk Road pub, closed for refurbishment since early August, is reviving the name it carried before the current building went up in the 1920s
The Duchess, on the corner of Goldhawk Road and Bath Road in Stamford Brook, has been closed since 3 August for refurbishment. When it reopens this autumn, no exact date yet, it will be under a different name: The Queen.
The pub traded under the name The Queen of England before the current building went up in 1928-29. Since then it’s been known as Charlotte’s, Café Med, Pacific Bar & Grill, The Brook, and The Duchess of Cambridge, before shortening to The Duchess in 2018.
A pub has stood at 320 Goldhawk Road for more than 150 years. The building that replaced the original Victorian pub is the brick corner structure still on the site today.
The reopening will bring a Victorian-style refresh to the interior and outdoor space, along with seasonal menus built around locally sourced produce running from brunch through dinner. The drinks list is being expanded with more wine, cask ale and spirits, and the Sunday roast is returning.
Quiz nights and live music, both regular fixtures before the closure, are staying, alongside a programme of events planned to mark the reopening.

Support The Chiswick Calendar
